Monday, September 10, 2018

Intro

Media Introduction:
Media consists of many broad casting and narrow casting mediums such as Newspapers, Television, Radio, Social Media, Internet, Advertising, Video Games, Music and Films. These formats effect or lives daily in various ways. A myriad of vast companies use many media types to help sway and can the attention of the general public via many techniques or gripping social stories; disturbing images or emotive news reports.

My favorite forms of media:

Firstly, I believe i spend most of my spare time browsing various social media platforms; from Snapchat to Instagram. Personally i enjoy viewing many of my friends experiences which could help commemorate the good times shared between them and myself.  Snap chat provides many services that helps entertain many individuals within my age group from viewing celebrity's days away or sharing funny pictures with various digital filters and lenses.


Secondly, I also enjoy many comical Television programmes such as 8/10 cats does countdown, A League of their own and The Inbetweeners. I often watch these programme types due to the comedy side and the audience target being my age group therefore is becomes very relatable to teenage life. With myriads of episodes many scenarios are created, creating many comical moments attracting all positive attention.

Thirdly, I listen to the radio 1 breakfast show occasionally. I usually enjoy this because the topics that are discussed are usually again relatable to student life; it carries and entertaining factor. Often various challenges arise which become global forming another entertainment factor which i enjoy.

L: Language

I: Industries

A: Audience

R: Representation


Ikea:
L: Helps clear the standard stereotype, also it involves the care and reward for education helping appeal to society. It also creates a sense of enjoyment for the younger generation due to various camera transitions and effects alongside the use of an up beat musical track. In addition, it could help open the world of a child's imagination making them commemorate and reminisce on the advert. 
I: IKEA (Furniture retail company)
A: I believe this appeals to a family audience; due to the fast up beat rhythm helping children to be entertained whilst watching the advert, whilst advertising furniture types it has a gripping vibe and presents a funny and compelling atmosphere helping many people remember and recommend to friends.
R: Breaking the stereotypical barrier by airing a black race family, also showing a mixture of ages and genders, helping level out the representation within the advert.

No comments:

Post a Comment